Sunday, May 23, 2010

This is the unknown beginning right now

Right after my finals ended (well, actually right after I took a shower to dispel the scent of panic and fear that hung on me since finals week began), I have been running frantically around Boston getting my extremely disorganized life into some semblance of order.

Yay productivity!

List of what I have been up to: (I love lists)
1) Exchanging some mula into Euros (and then running back to cancel reorder a different amount...which made the bank teller give me major stink eye)
2) Buying some summer reading books (including a library book I lost over the semester which I had to replace..haha.....)
3) Shoving allll my things into storage (which thanks mom, for the huge mirror, heavy floor lamp, and oh yea...the METAL COT)
4) Trying to find someone to let me sleep on their floor for Saturday night since my dorm kicks everyone out at noon today (and then begging the house manager to let me stay one more night an hour before check out...thank Julie!)

*phew*

In all this random hustle bustle, I all of a sudden realized that today is my last full day in Boston...and pausing a moment, also the last day I will be seeing my senior friends until.... well....until I see them again.

I was never good at saying good-byes. Well, actually I don't think anyone is....unless there is a professional "good-bye" sayer out there.. which is not only ridiculous (and also incredibly lonely) but highly unlikely.

That actually made no sense in rereading.

The weird thing about the end of college is that compared to the end of high school, where our friends are tied to their families...and where there is always the promise of some sort of home coming....the end of college has no such certainty. College brings together people from all over the country..the world even...people from far different cultures and nooks and crannies come here for four years and then disperse to new locations to begin the rest of their lives. Once we graduate here, it truly is the beginning of the unknown.

I hate the phrase "time can only tell."

But really. Will we stay in touch? Will we stay close?

-------

Anyway, so this was my last full day in Boston (as aforementioned) and it was a beautiful, beautiful, sunny, breezy day. However, I talked myself out. So, all I have left are these photos and the thought that next you hear from me, I will be in Germany (ZOMG!) and beginning my adventures in a land where I only know two words (and both those words, I learned today I've been mispronouncing forever):